How to create a segment based on contacts country
One of the common questions asked by MoonMail users is how to tell apart the contacts based on the contact's country. It is easy to split contacts this way thanks to dynamic segments. You can create a dynamic segment based on the contacts' country with the
Location.Country attribute. For this tutorial to be useful you need to provide the
Demographic.Locale attributes when you create your contacts importing a segment through a CSV file or through the API.
To create a segment based on contacts language
There are two steps involved in creating a dynamic segment. First, you set up the segment. Next, you set up the segment groups for the segment.
Step 1: Set up the segment
To create a segment
- Sign in to your MoonMail account.
- Choose the Segments section. The Segments page opens and displays segments that you previously defined.
- Choose Create segment.
- Under Create a segment, choose Build a segment.
- For Segment name, type a name for the segment to make it easy to recognize later like All US Contacts.
- Under Segment group 1, next to Include contacts that are in, choose any or all. For this specific tutorial, both options work the same way.
- Next to of the following segments, choose no base segment at all to involve all the contacts in your account.
- Nex to Contacts that match, choose all of the following filters to apply all the filters in the next step at the same time.
- Choose Add a filter group to apply all the filters you need to refine the segment. Use this option to filter by contact specific attributes. Next to Contact is choose active, and next to during choose application's lifetime to select the contacts stored in the account since the beginning. To add an attribute, choose Add a filter and add the Location attribute Country is <YOUR_GOAL_COUNTRY>, for example, Country is US as shown in the following image.
- When you finish setting up the segment, choose Create segment.
By completing this tutorial, you've created a dynamic segment will all the contacts in the United States in your MoonMail account.