Setting up a subscription contacts form
Contact subscription forms allow you to add contacts to your MoonMail account. You can embed a contact form onto your website to collect contact information from your customers or just send a unique link to a customer to be subscribed. These forms can be customized with custom attributes as a way to tag the contacts subscribed through the form. Also, you can create a dynamic segment to get all contacts subscribed through a specific form so, you can message all of them in an easy way.
To create a contact form
There are two steps involved in creating a contact form. First, you set up the form. Next, you set up the custom attributes for the form.
Step 1: Set up the form
To create a subscription contact form
- Sign in to your MoonMail account.
- Choose the Contact forms section. The Contact forms page opens and displays forms that you previously defined.
- Choose Create contact form
- For Form name, type the name that will appear on the form page.
- For Form description, the that will appear on the form page.
- (Optional) Check the box next to Opt-in confirmation. If checked, every new contact subscribing through this form will receive a confirmation email. We highly recommend enabling Opt-in confirmation to make sure that only confirmed contacts are subscribed. If this option is enabled you need to select the From Address that will be used to send confirmation emails. A verified domain in your MoonMail account is needed to choose a From Address.
Step 2: Set up custom attributes
You can apply custom attributes to the form being created. You can think of these attributes as a way to tag your contacts.
- Under Custom attributes, choose Add atribute. You can now type your attribute name and value(s). For example, you could create a tag with gtm_campaign as attribute name and blackfriday as attribute value. All contacts subscribed through this form will be tagged as gtm_campaign:blackfriday so, you can easily identify where the contacts are coming from and how to message them as a group. To create more tags, choose Add attribute.
- When you finish setting up the form, choose Create contact form.
After creating the form you will see a summary under Contact form details with all the information you provided to create the form and three new pieces of information.
- A Form ID attribute that is unique. This attribute can be used to create a segment with all the contacts subscribed trough the form.
- A Unique form link that you can send to your customers to be subscribed.
- The Form code that you can embed onto your website. The default form is created with two input fields: Email and Name. You can modify the form to add new fields if needed like Gender, as shown in the following HTML snippet.
<!-- moonmail.io embedded form styles --> <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://forms.moonmail.io/mm-form.css"> <!-- moonmail.io embedded form start --> <form action="https://contacts.moonmail.io/<YOUR_MOONMAIL_ACCOUNT_ID>/contacts" method="post" class="mm-form" noValidate=""> <input type="hidden" name="FormId" value="<YOUR_FORM_ID_VALUE>" /> <div class="mm-field"> <label for="mm-email">Email <sup>*</sup></label> <input type="email" id="mm-email" name="Address" required="" /> </div> <div class="mm-field"> <label for="mm-name">Name</label ><input type="text" id="mm-name" name="UserAttributes[Name]" /> </div> <div class="mm-field"> <label for="mm-gender">Gender</label ><input type="text" id="mm-gender" name="UserAttributes[Gender]" /> </div> <button type="submit">Subscribe</button> </form> <!-- moonmail.io embedded form end -->