How to create a segment of engaged contacts
One of the common questions asked by MoonMail users is how to identify those contacts who have interacted with any of the campaigns sent. It is easy to identify these types of contacts thanks to dynamic segments. You can create a dynamic segment for those contacts who opened any campaign you sent.
To create a dynamic segment of engaged contacts
There are two steps involved in creating a dynamic segment. First, you set up the segment. Next, you set up the segment groups for the segment.
Step 1: Set up the segment
To create a segment
- Sign in to your MoonMail account.
- Choose the Segments section. The Segments page opens and displays segments that you previously defined.
- Choose Create segment.
- Under Create a segment, choose Build a segment.
- For Segment name, type a name for the segment to make it easy to recognize later like All engaged contacts.
- Under Segment group 1, next to Include contacts that are in, choose any or all. For this specific tutorial, both options work the same way.
- Next to of the following segments, choose no base segment at all to identify all the engaged contacts in your account.
- Nex to Contacts that match, choose all of the following filters to apply all the filters in the next step at the same time.
- Choose Add a filter group to apply all the filters you need to refine the segment. Use this option to filter by contact specific metrics. Next to Contact is choose active, and next to during choose the appropriate value for you: last 24 hours, last 7 days, last 14 days, last 30 days or application's lifetime to select only the contacts that have been messaged in that period of time. To add a metric, choose Add a filter and add the metric Opens greater than 0 as shown in the following image.
- When you finish setting up the segment, choose Create segment.
By completing this tutorial, you've created a dynamic segment will all the engaged contacts in your account in the last 30 days.